Three of Dr Mo’s students are exempt for the 2010 PGA Championship field. Zach Johnson/2007 Masters Champion, Lucas Glover/2009 US Open Champion and Stewart Cink/2009 British Open Champion. Eligibility for the 156-man field is below.
1. All former PGA Champions
2. Winners of the last five U.S. Opens (2006-2010)
3. Winners of the last five Masters (2006-2010)
4. Winners of the last five British Opens (2006-2010)
5. The 2010 Senior PGA Champion
6. The 15 low scorers and ties in the 2009 PGA Championship
7. The 20 low scorers in the 2010 PGA Professional National Championship
8. The 70 leaders from the PGA Championship Points list from the 2009 World
Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational through the 2010 Greenbrier
9. Members of the 2008 United States and European Ryder Cup Teams
providing they remain within the top 100 of the World Golf Rankings as of
Aug. 2, 2010.
10. Winners of tournaments co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour from the
2009 PGA Championship to the 2010 PGA Championship (does not include
pro-am and team competitions).
11. Vacancies will be filled by the first available player from the list of alternates
(those below 70th place in the PGA Championship Points list from the 2009
World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational through the 2010
12. In addition, The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players
not included in the categories listed above. The total field will be a maximum
of 156 players.
Glad I arrived a few days early to St Andrews, the hardest part about any major for all players is getting to Thursday’s first round without wearing yourself out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with too much practice and worry. Stewart, Lucas & Zach are among a field of 156 players (147 professionals and nine amateurs).